Tuesday, November 3

ADHD Among the Staff

At my new school at a staff breakfast on the first day , I learned about drug habits among staff members. I was sitting at a table with the other teachers from my department when a jittery woman who didn’t blink sat down next to me. We exchange names and what we teach, then:

Hyper teacher: I love the first day of school. I always do two shots of espresso to get me going in the morning.

Me: I know. I need some coffee or something. This is rough.

Hyper teacher: And my daughter has ADHD, she doesn’t always take her Adderall each day, so those pills come right to mom. So I also had a few of those today also.

Me: (concerned look of disbelief)

She wasn't kidding.

1 comment:

  1. Bernadette John3.11.09

    Ha ha ha!! That was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete