Tuesday, October 20

Stupid and Other Adjectives

One of my favorite teachers, and an inspiration to me, had a hilarious way to deal with annoying students.

In my eleventh grade English class there was an annoying girl who would suck up to the teacher and continually ask the most annoying questions. The teacher was not new to being sucked up to, so she would usually roll her eyes and continue teaching, or, often times, just completely ignore the girl’s hand when it was up, even if it was held up for twenty to thirty minutes.

The funniest day in class came when the girl raised her hand and said, “What’s the correct answer for number fifteen? I put the wrong answer down.”

Without missing a beat the teacher replied, “Well, that’s because you’re stupid.”

I’ve never had the guts to say this kind of thing. But maybe sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment